(A) Last 4 Quarters Performance – YOY Of Atul Ltd
Key Margins – Quarterly
(B) Quarter on Quarter Performance of Atul Ltd
(C) Annual Performance (YOY) of Atul Ltd
(D) Key Highlights – Q1 FY23
- Company grew its sales by 16% in volume terms.
- Meanwhile its sales grew by 36.7% from Rs 1080.20 in Q1 FY22 to Rs 1476.85 in Q1 FY23.
- Moreover its Life Science Chemical and Performance & Other Chemical segment grew by 37.5% and 37.6% respectively.
- Despite higher raw material, energy and freight cost life Science Chemical & Other Chemical segment reported a sharp jump in EBIT margins when compared to last year.
- Life Science Chemical segment reported 16.4% margins vs 14.1% in Q4FY22. Meanwhile Performance & Other Chemical segment reported 16.9% vs 12.9% in Q4FY22.
- Company has added the exceptional loss of Rs 35.08 Cr on account of assets which are destroyed by fire and its claim is under process with the insurance company.
- In Q1FY23 Life Science Chemical contributed 31%, Performance & Other Chemical contributed 68% while other segment contributed 1%.
- Atul is implementing projects at a total investment of Rs 1750 Cr in the parent company, Atul products, Amal Specialty and Atul Finserv. At full capacity it is expected a revenue of Rs 6000 Cr.
- Indian share of global specialty chemical industry will double in next 5 years to 6% by 2026 from 3-4% in FY21.
- Atul get benefits from anti-dumping duty for some of its products and withdrawal of this measure may impact profitability.
- Moreover Atul has gradually reduced its dependence on anti-dumping duty and hence the impact in case of a change or withdrawal in anti dumping duty would also reduce gradually.
Drop us your query at – firstname.lastname@example.org or Visit pawealth.in
References: Annual Reports, News Publications, Investor Presentations, Corporate Announcements, Management Discussions, Analyst Meets & Management Interviews, Industry Publications.
Disclaimer: The report only represents the personal opinions and views of the author. No part of the report should be consider a recommendation for buying/selling any stock. Thus, the report & references mentioned are only for the information of the readers about the industry stated.