Quick Links for SBI Focused Equity Fund. Click to navigate directly to the paragraph in detail:
- About SBI Focused Equity Fund
- Basic Details
- Trailing Returns
- Risk Measures
- Investment Detail
- Portfolio of the fund & asset allocation
- Funds Manager
- Investment Strategy
SBI Focused Equity Fund aims to provide investors with opportunities of long-term capital appreciation by investing in a concentrated portfolio of equity and equity related instruments.
This is a flexi-cap fund where the fund management team has complete freedom to invest in companies of different sizes, depending on where it expects maximum gains
(B) Basic Details
|Fund House||SBI Mutual Fund|
|Category||Equity: Felxi Cap|
|Expenses||1.78% (as on 30th Nov ’21)|
|Assets||Rs 23,093 Crore (as on 30th Nov ’21)|
|Return Since Launch||20.57%|
(C) Trailing Returns generated by SBI Focused Equity Fund as on 31-Dec-21
Illustration: How your wealth shall grow by investing in SBI Focused Equity Fund
a) Growth of Wealth if invested by SIP in SBI Focused Equity Fund for a period of 5 years since 01-Jan-17
b) Growth of Wealth if Lumpsum amount is invested in SBI Focused Equity Fund for a period of 5 years since 01-Jan-17
(D) Risk Measures as on 30-Nov-21
(E) Investment Details the Fund
|Min. Investment||Rs 5,000|
|Min. Addl Investment||Rs 1000|
|Exit Load||For exit within 1 year from the date of allotment – 1%;|
For exit after 1 year from the date of allotment – Nil.
(F) SBI Focused Equity Fund : Portfolio
Top 10 holdings of the Funds
Sectoral Breakdown of the Fund
Asset Allocation Pattern
- The scheme may engage in stock lending – upto 20% of the net assets of the scheme
- Further, exposure to derivatives instruments to the extent of 50% of the Net Assets as permitted by SEBI.
- Also, the Scheme may seek investment opportunities in foreign securities including ADRs / GDRs / Foreign equity and debt securities subject to the Regulations. Such investment shall not exceed 35% of the net assets of the Scheme.
- Additionally, the scheme may invest in mutual fund units as permissible.
- Lastly, the Scheme may invest in repo in corporate debt.
Portfolio Aggregates of the Funds
Large Cap Companies = 66.89%
Mid Cap Companies = 33.11%
- If the mutual fund units are sold after 1 year from the date of investment, gains upto Rs 1 lakh in a financial year are exempt from tax. Gains over Rs 1 lakh are taxed at the rate of 10%.
- However, if the mutual fund units are sold within 1 year from the date of investment, entire amount of gain is taxed at the rate of 15%.
- No tax is to be paid as long as you continue to hold the units.
(H) Fund Manager: Mr. R Srinivasan
Managing this fund since May 2009.
Total experience 26 years .
R Srinivasan joined SBI Funds Management as a Senior Fund Manager in May 2009; he is now the Head of Equity and also directly manages a number of funds. He has an experience of more than 25 years in equities having worked with Future Capital Holding, Principal PNB, Oppenheimer & Co (later Blackstone), Indosuez WI Carr and Motilal Oswal, among others. Srinivasan is a post graduate in Commerce and has an MFM degree from the University of Mumbai.
(I) Investment Strategy
The fund invests minimum of 65% in equity and equity related instruments spanning across market capitalization.
SBI Focused Equity Fund has the flexibility to invest upto 35% in debt and/or money market instruments.
Further, the fund follows a bottom-up approach to stock-picking and invests in companies across market capitalization and sectors.
The fund will take high conviction bets and the total number of securities would be equal to or under 30.
Get details of more Mutual Funds. Click Here
Drop us your query at – firstname.lastname@example.org or Visit pawealth.in
References: Annual Reports, News Publications, Investor Presentations, Corporate Announcements, Management Discussions, Analyst Meets & Management Interviews, Industry’s Publications.
Disclaimer: The report only represents personal opinions and views of the author. No part of the report should be considered as recommendation for buying/selling any stock. Thus, the report & references mentioned are only for the information of the readers about the industry stated.