Invesco India Multicap Fund is an open end equity scheme and invests across large cap, mid cap, small cap stocks. The fund is to mandatorily invest at least 25 per cent of its money each in stocks of large, medium and small-sized companies.
Quick Links. Click to navigate directly to the paragraph in detail:
- About Invesco India Multicap Fund
- Returns Generated
- Investment Detail
- Portfolio of the Fund
- Asset Allocation
- Risk Measures
- Fund Manager
- Investment Strategy
(A) About Invesco India Multicap Fund
India Multicap Fund seeks to generate long-term capital appreciation by investing in equity and equity-related securities of large, mid and small companies.
- Market cap diversification: The fund invests across market capitalisation and is exploits market opportunities across large, mid and small cap companies.
- Further, Unwavering focus on the long term and willingness to back high conviction bets across markets caps and across market conditions
- Also, Flexibility to Fund Manager: The Fund Manager has the flexibility to select stocks based on prevailing market conditions and valuations
Equity stocks are broadly classified into large caps, mid – caps and small caps.
While large – caps are leaders across businesses, being more stable and resilient in tough economic periods; further, mid – caps are high growth companies with potential to be tomorrow’s large – caps and small caps offer potential to scale, niche businesses.
(B) Returns Generated by Invesco India Multicap Fund
Illustration: Growth of wealth in Invesco India Multicap Fund
(C) Investment Detail Invesco India Multicap Fund
(D) Portfolio of the Fund
(E) Asset Allocation
(F) Risk Measures
(G) Fund Managers of Invesco India Multicap Fund
1) Pranav Gokhale managing since March 29, 2018
Education: Mr. Gokhale is a Chartered Accountant & holds M.Com degree.
Experience: Prior to joining Invesco Mutual Fund, he has worked with IL&FS, ICICI Direct, Rosy Blue Securities Pvt. Ltd., and International Ship Repair LLC Fujairiah.
2) Amit Nigam managing ince September 3, 2020
Education: Mr. Nigam is BE from IIT, Roorkee and PGDBM from IIM, Indore.
Experience: Prior to joining Invesco Mutual Fund, he has worked with Essel Finance AMC Ltd., BNP Paribas Asset Management India Pvt. Ltd.
(H) Why Invesco India Multicap Fund
Suitable for investors who seek:
- Capital appreciation over long-term
- Further, Investments in equity and equity related instruments across market capitalization
(I) Investment Strategy
The fund adopts a diversified approach and invests across large, mid and small cap companies
- Emphasis on bottom up approach to select stocks across the market capitalization range with focus on long term growth with no sector bias
- While retaining its flexibility, the fund maintains exposure in the range
a) Large cap companies : 25% – 50%
b) Midcap & Smallcap companies : 50% – 75% (minimum 25% in midcaps and minimum 25% in smallcaps)
- The fund will hold around 30–50 stocks
- Firstly, if the mutual fund units are sold after 1 year from the date of investment, gains upto Rs 1 lakh in a financial year are exempt from tax. Gains over Rs 1 lakh are taxed at the rate of 10%.
- However, if the mutual fund units are sold within 1 year from the date of investment, entire amount of gain is taxed at the rate of 15%.
- Further, No tax is to be paid as long as you continue to hold the units.
Drop us your query at – email@example.com or Visit pawealth.in
References: Annual Reports, News Publications, Investor Presentations, Corporate Announcements, Management Discussions, Analyst Meets & Management Interviews, Industry’s Publications.
Disclaimer: The report only represents personal opinions and views of the author. No part of the report should be considered as recommendation for buying/selling any stock. Thus, the report & references mentioned are only for the information of the readers about the industry stated.
This Post Has One Comment