SBI Technology Opportunities Fund aims to provide investors with opportunities for long-term capital appreciation by investing in a diversified portfolio of equity and equity related securities in technology and technology related companies.
Further, the fund invests minimum of 80% in stocks of companies in technology and technology related sectors.
Thus, technology and technology related sectors would comprise technology services, internet technology, electronic technology, telecommunications, media and IT products
The Fund has the flexibility to invest upto 20% in equities of companies other than the technology space and/or debt or money market instruments.
Quick Links. Click to navigate directly to the paragraph in detail:
- Basic Detail of SBI Technology Opportunities Fund
- Returns Generated by the Fund
- Risk Measures
- Investment Details
- Portfolio of the Fund
- Asset Allocation
- Investment Strategy
- Fund Manager
- Why SBI Technology Opportunities Fund
(A) Basic Detail of SBI Technology Opportunities Fund
(B) Returns Generated by SBI Technology Opportunities Fund
Illustration: How your wealth shall grow by investing in SBI Technology Opportunities Fund
(C) Risk Measures
(D) Investment Details
(E) Portfolio of the Fund
(F) Asset Allocation Pattern of the Fund
Further, the Scheme may seek investment opportunities in foreign securities including ADRs / GDRs / Foreign equity and debt securities subject to the Regulations. Such investment shall not exceed 35% of the net assets of the Scheme.
(G) Investment Strategy: SBI Technology Opportunities Fund
The fund will follow a bottom-up approach to stock-picking and choose companies which are expected to derive benefit from development, use and advancement of technology.
These will predominantly include companies in the following industries:
- Technology services, including IT management, software, Data
and IT Infrastructure services including Cloud computing, mobile computing infrastructure
- Internet technology enabled services including e-commerce, technology platforms, IoT (Internet of Things) and
other online services
- Electronic technology, including computers, computer products, and electronic components
- Telecommunications, including networking, wireless, and wireline services, equipment and support;
- Media and information services, including the distribution of information and content providers
- IT products, hardware and components like PCs, Laptops, Servers, Chips, Semi-conductors etc.
(H) Fund Manager: Mr. Anup Upadhyay
Education: Mr. Upadhyay is a B.Tech (Hons) degree and PGDM.
Experience: He has over 13 years of experience in the area of financial services. Further, he joined SBI Funds Management in May, 2007 as an analyst. He is Head of Research and currently he is also a fund manager in various schemes.
(I) Why SBI Technology Opportunities Fund ?
This product is suitable for investors who are seeking:
• Long term capital appreciation
• Also, if seeking Equity investments in stock of companies in the technology and technology related sectors.
If sold after 1 year from purchase date: long term capital gain tax will be applicable. Current tax rate is 10%, if total long term capital gain exceeds 1 lakh. Excluding any cess/surcharge.
Secondly, if sold before 1 year from purchase date, short term capital gain tax will be applicable. Current tax rate is 15%. Excluding any cess/surcharge in this 15%.
Drop us your query at – firstname.lastname@example.org or Visit pawealth.in
References: valueresearchonline.com, Industry’s Publications, News Publications, Mutual Fund Company.
Disclaimer: The report only represents personal opinions and views of the author. No part of the report should be considered as recommendation for buying/selling any stock. Thus, the report & references mentioned are only for the information of the readers about the industry stated.