The fund aims to capture the global opportunities that are not available for domestic investors and will comprise primarily of global large caps. Key markets currently include America, Europe, ex- UK middle east, emerging markets & Japan.
(A) Basic Details
|Fund House||Axis Mutual Fund|
|Category||Equity Large and Mid Cap|
|Status||Open Ended Scheme|
|Expenses||0.48% (As on 31/ Aug /2021)|
|Assets||INR 4,322 Cr (As on 31/Aug/2021)|
(B) Returns Generated by the fund – Trailing till 9 September 2021
Illustration: How your wealth shall grow by investing in Axis Growth Opportunities Fund
(C) Investment Details
|Minimum Application Amount||New Purchase: ₹ 5,000|
Additional Purchase: ₹ 1,00
Monthly SIP: ₹ 1,000
|Exit Load||If redeemed / switched-out on|
or before 12 months from the
date of allotment,
• For 10% of investments: Nil
• For remaining investments: 1%. If redeemed / switched – out after 12 months from the date of allotment: NIL
(D) Portfolio of the fund (As on 23-sept-2021)
|Indian Equity Holding||74.44%|
|Foreign Equity Holdings||24.42%|
(E) Tax Benefits of investing in this fund
- If the mutual fund units are sold after 1 year from the date of investment, gains upto Rs 1 lakh in a financial year are exempt from tax. Gains over Rs 1 lakh are taxed at the rate of 10%.
- If the mutual fund units are sold within 1 year from the date of investment, entire amount of gain is taxed at the rate of 15%.
- No tax is to be paid as long as you continue to hold the units.
(F) Fund Managers
Mr. Jinesh Gopani
- Education: Mr. Gopani is a B. Com (H) and MMS from Bharati Vidyapeeth Institute of Management Studies and Research.
- Experience: Prior to joining Axis AMC he has worked with Birla Sun Life AMC, Voyager India Capital Pvt. Ltd., Emkay Shares & Stock Brokers Limited and Net worth Stock Broking Limited. He holds around 19 years of work experience.
- He is managing the fund since 1-oct-2018.
Mr. Hitesh Das
- Managing the scheme since inception (Foreign Securities)
- Holds around 10 years of work experience.
- He is Research Analyst of Equity
- Mr Das completed Bachelors in Technology , Masters in Technology, Post Graduate Diploma in Management from IIM Lucknow. His previous experience include Barclays and Credit Suisse Securities India.
(G) Advantages – Why you should invest in this Fund?
Aims to provide Axis Mutual Fund’s quality domestic research & investing capabilities. Also, the company possesses global expertise of Schroder Investment Management Limited in global equity market.
Schroders Investment Management is a UK-based firm managing over 57,000 crores GBP worldwide. In 2012, Britain’s largest asset management company Schroders acquired a 25% stake in Axis Bank-promoted Axis Mutual Fund.
(ii) New Opportunities
Opportunity to invest in world class companies and themes which are not available in India.
(iii) Global Diversification
Domestic quality portfolio with global diversification can reduce volatility and drawdowns. This scheme aims to maintain ratio of invested funds as 65-70% in Domestic securities and 30-35% in foreign securities. Thus, creating a risk adjusted portfolio.
Drop us your query at – email@example.com or Visit pawealth.in
References: valueresearchonline.com, Industry’s Publications, News Publications, Mutual Fund Company.
Disclaimer: The report only represents personal opinions and views of the author. No part of the report should be considered as recommendation for buying/selling any stock. Thus, the report & references mentioned are only for the information of the readers about the industry stated.